Sunday, September 27, 2009

No, we really shouldn't. . .

Some of you already know that I went on a date with a distant business associate the other night. We work in the same field, we’ve exchanged casual emails, no big deal. I was more excited about going to B&N after dinner to get a few Jim Butcher books than the dinner arrangement itself.

Let’s face it, dating isn’t my style. I’d rather be rebuilding a bike/playing video games/blowing up watermelons/et. al. with my bestfriend. A free meal isn’t much of an incentive for me…

So I go to dinner. He’s a nice guy, whatever. Turns out he’s also a Republican. I really couldn’t care less. One less thing to talk about over enchiladas but I’ll survive. As he’s ordering, he purposefully mispronounces words. I assumed it was one of those Super Trooper “meow” things but no, he wants to offend the waiter. He is of the opinion that if they’re going to move to ‘Our’ country and not take the time to properly learn our language then he isn’t going to learn theirs.

Really? At least you have no problem eating their food…

It was bound to happen, I just had to know. How did he vote on Prop 8? This is important to me. This issue is probably the one I am most passionate about. Of course, he voted YES to ‘protect the sanctity of marriage’. He explained that he wasn’t against gays/bis/lesbians having equal rights, he was against it being called ‘Marraige’. Because marraige is between a man and a woman, so ‘they’ have to call it something else.

You know, seperate but equal. Because we all know how well that works out.

How petty is that? Very petty. Just because I don’t plan on getting married doesn’t mean this opinion doesn’t piss me the hell off.

So that’s the end of it. I’m going home before I bitchslap him. Now that I look back, I wish I would have. But it’s not like I’m ever speaking to this guy again, right?

Wrong.

A few days later I get a drunk text from him saying that we should make out. No, we really shouldn’t. Then he wants a boob picture.

Really dude? I mean, really?

Just once I’d like to be pleasantly surprised in someone.
blog comments powered by Disqus